1st International Oil Rail & Ports Conference on 15-16 May 2016 in Tehran: a unique opportunity in the Middle-East to meet and exchange between the Oil industry, Railways and Ports
The Conference is organised by UIC and ITE-EUF and hosted by Iranian Railways RAI
(Paris, 28 January 2016) UIC, the worldwide organisation representing the rail sector with 240 members in 95 countries from 5 continents, together with ITE-EUF a subsidiary of ITE Group organiser of 22 Transport and Logistics events and 21 Oil & Gas events in 19 countries, are organising the 1st International Oil Rail & Ports Conference that will be hosted by the Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran RAI, on 15-16 May 2016 in Tehran.
This first international UIC/ITE conference dedicated to cooperation between Railways and the Oil and Gas industry as well as with the major Ports in the Middle-East, Central Asia and neighbouring regions, will be co-located with the RAILEXPO 2016 exhibition and held under the Patronage of the Ministry of Roads and Urban Development, Ports and Maritime Organisation, and the Ministry of Petroleum of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
The 1st UIC/ITE International Oil Rail & Ports Conference will host decision-makers involved in transport and logistics issues in the Middle-Eastern and Central Asian Regions, in particular in relation to the oil and gas transportation market, as well as representatives of railway and intermodal operators, oil and gas terminals, ports, railway manufacturers and all authorities with the competence to support or regulate these markets.
Speakers will include ministers and officials from Iran as well as high-level representatives from international organisations – including UIC for the international railway community – directors of Market Development, Transport and Logistics at Oil & Gas and Energy companies, Rail Freight Operators from the Middle-East, Central Asia, Asia, Europe, Tank Wagon fleet/pool managers and Oil Tank Manufacturers, Port Authorities and Terminal Operators, Security and Safety managers, Oil Field Service companies…
The following themes will be addressed during the two-day conference:
- The multimodal transport chain for Oil & Gas products – Which potential market for rail transportation? – Which perspectives of growth of oil transport by rail?
- Rail freight international/intercontinental corridors in development – a chance for oil & gas transportation? – Perspectives and funding of these corridors
- Successful partnerships linking major oil industry/shipping lines/ports/rail operators
- The legal and regulatory framework for international oil transport and transport of hazardous goods by rail – interoperability and safety Standards
- Optimising the rolling stock for oil & gas transport – technology and research
- The impact of digitalisation, intelligent trains – optimising the transport chain and customer service, fleet management, safety, security….
For more information on the 1st UIC/ITE International Oil Rail & Ports Conference, please visit the conference website: www.oilrailports.com